The Lost Bird: Readers Guide
- What role or significance do Father John's opera tapes play?
- Are priests allowed to be human?
- Does Father John say at the Wind River Reservation because he doesn't
think he can function in a more urban/modern church or society?
- As an alcoholic, had Father John redeemed himself in his eyes? In the
eyes of the Provincial? In his family's eyes?
- What do you think draws Vicky to Father John and vice versa?
- Does Vicky identify with Sharon David? Are they both "women alone"
- Is Vicky unsure of her identity as a lawyer, as an Arapaho woman, as a
- What role does the Moccasin Telegraph play in the book? Do we have
- Should Father Joseph have broken the confessional seal? Did he learn
about the babies in the confessional?
- When do you break a confidence?
- Why do you think Father Joseph came back 30 years later?
- How resilient is the human spirit?
- How is the Arapaho family/society different from yours?
- Discuss the passage on page 15: "Woman known to millions but unknown
- How does the author use description in her story telling?
- Is Megan a lost child?
- Why did Father John become an alcoholic?
- Does time heal all wounds?
- Are there lost children in today's world?