The Spirit Woman: Readers Guide
- Why does the Provincial let Father John stay?
- Why did Father Kevin intervene?
- Do you think Vicky will survive killing a man?
- Discuss the theme of reclaiming the past?
- Why did Father John want to stay at the Mission?
- Would Father John be able to return to the academic world? Should he?
- What does Walks on Three Legs represent?
- What cultures today use and value unwritten stories?
- How do the unwritten stories affect the characters in the book? How do
they affect people today?
- Is the Native American culture similar/conflicting with modern day
- Has Father John made progress an a recovering alcoholic?
- Would Laura have done anything to get the memoirs?
- Father John used the term "the will to believe" in reference to the>memoirs. Does the term apply to other aspects of the book? ie: Vicky and Father John's relationship, Father John staying at the mission, abused women in the book.
- Will Vicky leave to take the job in Denver?
- Will Father John leave the priesthood for Vicky?
- Do the descriptions add to the story?
- How to the women in the book manage domestic violence?
- What would we learn from the memoirs if they were found today?
- Discuss the title of the book relating to each of the main female